Designs, executes and supports software application designs throughout project life cycles within the IT architecture.
Role centered on the enhancement and maintenance of the current Oracle Applications ERP system (Oracle Apps 22.214.171.124: GL, AP, PO, INV, OM, FA, PA, HR, iExpense), and the ability the upgrade to Release 12i with the addition of the OM, Billing & AR modules. This position is an individual contributor role with primary responsibility of leading development initiatives for the Oracle Applications Development Teams while working closely with the functional business delivery teams and the user community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Development and deployment of integrated solutions to enhance, consolidate, and coordinate independently designed applications enterprise-wide; lead projects and/or assist in scheduling and coordinating project deliverables.
· Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and hardware logic, possibly running on multiple platforms, integrate to meet new and emerging enterprise requirements.
· Develop efficient methods to reuse existing components.
· Lead in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation; under general supervision, instruct, direct, and validate other software developers’ work; mentor and guide application developers and junior team members.
· Applies thorough technical knowledge and understanding of business applications required to facilitate the development of supporting knowledge architecture and standards.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements.
· Assist in component and data architecture design, software, production evaluation, and buy/build recommendations.
· Possess expertise in process and data modeling, architecture development and IT planning methodologies, as well as extensive knowledge of enterprise business and decision-making processes.
· Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with business leaders and stakeholders, and must possess the ability to work with other IT teams to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made by the team.
· As appropriate, may liaison with outside vendors to coordinate code development and acceptance.
· Design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications.
· Provides senior-level support in configuration, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle.
· Manage system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
· Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team and drive key projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
· Experience: 7 - 10 yrs
· Completed at least two major implementation of the Oracle Applications environment.
· Proven ability to effectively execute initiatives in a highly matrixes and decentralized organizational environment
· Demonstrates advanced knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories in own discipline, and has extensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other functions.
· Demonstrates advanced business knowledge and analyses the impact of emerging industry trends.
· Perceived internally and externally as expert in the function.
· Teaches others the technical and functional knowledge and skills needed to achieve results at the optimum level of performance.
· Applies leading edge knowledge to drive strategic direction of the function and the business in partnership with senior leaders.
· Recognized as a thought-leader.
· Able to contribute to the strategic direction of the function.
· Can advise senior management on issues as they pertain to larger organizational issues/business initiatives.
· Experienced with Technical and Functional understanding of Oracle Applications Financial, Supply Chain & HRMS modules
· Advanced knowledge of Oracle Applications Technology Stack on an AIX platform
· Experience with Oracle Applications Releases 11i & 12i
· Experienced interacting with Oracle Support and Metalink
· Previous experience upgrading Oracle Apps from 11i to 12i
· Well versed in Oracle Development tools – PLSQL, Forms, Reports, BI Publisher, BPEL, OAF, Java
· Extensive Experience Performance tuning in an Oracle Applications Environment
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop presentations and present to management.
· Ability to extrapolate business principles, practices and procedures
· Ability to meet deadlines and deliver with the highest quality
· Ability to lead development initiatives with diverse teams in multiple locations
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Knowledge of SDLC
· Microsoft Office tools – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio