Our client, located in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Project Manager with an Infrastructure Background for an immediate contract position. Details include:
· Responsible for developing an Operations Service Center from the ground up
· Owns the Critical Incident Management process and partners with other teams to insure its success
· Defines Operations Service Center (OSC) operational objectives, policies/procedures, work schedules, and reporting metrics.
· Implements departmental policies/procedures and documentation.
· Identify OSC documentation needs; implement agreements in conjunction with vendors, Customers, and third party partners. Create a process for tracking and reporting outage events.
· Implement OSC-related disaster recovery efforts; work with regional and other support teams to restore outages impacting assets and customers.
· Ensure OSC Technicians are effectively supported through day-to-day interaction, regular training, team meetings, on-call assistance, and individual coaching/mentoring.
· Manage OSC-related activities to achieve service reliability metrics including Service Level Agreement (SLA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), alarm recovery, and system availability.
· Audit and maintain integrity of operations-centric data in all operation tools and systems, including proper closure of tickets/tasks and updates.
· Escalate in a timely manner, to appropriate individuals, teams, and organizations, outage events and/or impairments and issues that cannot be resolved within appropriate timeframes to ensure efficient resolution and minimize impact to customers.
· Coordinates with Problem Management Process Owner to ensure that problem review meetings take place
· Conduct change impact assessment and develop change mitigation strategies for day-to-day OSC operations, including organizing and leading the effort to communicate across the organization
· Identify documentation needs; develop, in conjunction with vendors, customers, and third party partners, Operations Support Guides. Future - Management experience *
· Management of a 24x7 OSC team
· Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Operations leadership, recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
· Provide disciplined performance management for team.
· Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
· Foster a team environment and a culture of excellence and strong collaborative team environment.
· Conduct ongoing coaching and career development with direct reports (e.g., bi-weekly/monthly one-on-one coaching, quarterly reviews, goal-setting, etc.).
· Promote Company rewards and recognition programs.
· Proven track record developing and mentoring technical talent.
· Disciplined management and coaching skills; able to create highly productive teams with strong morale
· Identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
· Must occasionally rotate through all three shifts to help monitor and develop staff.
· Excellent knowledge and practical experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of Zenos or other enterprise monitoring tools.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate to executive levels. Demonstrated expertise in managing a 24 x 7 team of OC technicians through prior experience in managing operations, including a working knowledge of of a operations centre best practices
· Must have strong leadership skills and be able to remain calm and focused in stressful situations, including the ability to maintain order and a methodical troubleshooting approach that is focused on service restoration.
· Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment; must be detail oriented and able to multitask to meet deadlines and company objectives
· Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well-rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
· Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
· Experience performing incident triage, incident management and issue resolution.
Talon Technology consultants have the ability to take advantage of the following benefits:
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Short Term Disability Plan
Long Term Disability Plan
Basic Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account
Employee Service Center
Referral Bonus Program
Loyalty and Longevity Bonus Program
PNC Bank WorkPlace Banking Program