Tech pros know that their skills are in high demand and employers are pulling out all the stops to attract the best and the brightest. Salaries continue to climb, new jobs are posted every hour, and benefits packages are getting more robust. If you’re looking to grow your tech career this year, it pays to know which jobs and niches are the hottest.
The Best Tech Jobs For the New Year
According to data from Glassdoor, these are the top ten tech jobs of 2019:
- Data Scientist: With a median base salary of $108,000 and a typical job satisfaction rate of 4.3 out of 5, data science tops the charts once again this year.
- DevOps Engineer: DevOps is becoming more popular, and there are currently around 5,000 openings listed on Glassdoor. Median annual base salaries are around $105,000 and slowly rising.
- Data Engineer: These pros boast a job satisfaction rate of 4 out of 5 and earn an average of $100,000 per year to start, nationally.
- Software Engineer: The median base salary for software engineers is around $104,000 and growing, as are job opportunities.
- Security Engineer: Companies are putting more money into cybersecurity initiatives and engineers in high demand. The median annual starting salary falls around $102,000.
- Project Manager: As tech projects continue to become more complex, project managers will continue to be in high demand. Salaries typically start around $75,000 per year.
- Product Designer: As innovation and time-to-market become critical for competitive advantage, product designers will be in high demand. Currently, the median base salary for these pros falls around $100,000.
- Java Developer: Java still remains an in-demand skill despite its age in the market. Developers can expect a median base salary of approximately $85,000.
- Solutions Architect: At a national base-rate median of $127,000, solutions architects boast some of the highest starting salaries in the industry.
- Data Analyst: Big data is a big business with no slowdown in the foreseeable future. Median starting base salary for analysts is around $60,000.
Other popular jobs that didn’t quite crack the top ten include applications engineer, QA manager, systems engineer, software engineering manager, software developer, UX designer and systems administrator.
Are You Looking for A Great Tech Job In 2019?
The tech recruiters at Talon can help you achieve your career goals this year. We spend time with our talent, learning their strengths, weaknesses, goals and preferences. Contact us today to accelerate your search.