Title: Full Stack Programmer
Location: Must be able to be on-site in NYC
Type: 1+ year contract with potential to hire FT down the road
Our client is looking to bring on a Full Stack Programmer for a long term project involved in migrating the front-end of their legacy systems from Access to a web application hosted on AWS.
– Must have experience with React.js and Flask (or comparable)
– Expert knowledge in Python
– Plus, but not required, experience with cloud technology (specifically AWS)
– SQL Server
– UI experience
The Developer will be involved in a long term migration project, which entails migrating a legacy system with a front end in MS Access forms and VBA. Their responsibilities will include rewriting the existing forms to a React/Flask based web application that will be deployed to AWS, as well as providing input on a new and updated user interface for the application. They will also be involved in rewriting our existing VBA framework to Python.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with clients to develop the overall look and design of an application or website
- Produce, maintain and modify user applications using React and Flask
- Create tools that enhance the user’s experience
- Test for ease of use, speed and other quality factors
- Fix any issues or bugs that arise
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to software development teams responsible for system designs.
- Responsible for quality control of all development deliverables.
- Develop, maintain and implement standards and methodologies for software development.
- Estimate development effort in support of project requests, based on documentation provided.
- Create Wireframe when needed for review
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a directly related field
Required Technology Skills
- Understanding of key design principles
- Ability to use customer input to create functional, creative and user-friendly UI’s
- Analytical with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience with Git, or a similar VCS
- Experience analyzing/tuning performance
- Ability to work onsite five days a week (NYC based)
Nice To Have Technology Skills
- Prior experience with a legacy system migration
- Awareness/familiarity of Containerization using Docker, Docker Engine using an orchestration system like Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience with Excel in Python
- Experience with VBA
- Initiative to establish a strong technological foundation for the migration project.
- Proven expertise troubleshooting and solution design for complex issues.
- Ensure best practice use of applications by keeping abreast with emerging technologies to ensure optimal performance of the applications.
- Strong emphasis on code quality.
- Experience developing on a full project life cycle, from requirements to delivery.
- Ability to advise and educate the existing development team on newly implemented technology.