Job Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
A top client of ours with proven longevity within IT and excellent culture/benefits, in the Jersey City area is currently seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to join their growing team. We are looking for proven DevOps experience as well as prior experience leading teams.
Status: Full Time Direct Hire
Remote: No – Hybrid required (3 days onsite – NJ)
In this role, the Lead DevOps Engineer will assist the business with the design/development strategies in order to deliver high quality software. You will be part of a team – providing quality cloud systems, participating in the planning and development to ensure best practices. You will work closely with leadership and various departments to implement strategic cloud initiatives.
- Support, contribute and lead cloud DevOps within the organization.
- Design and implement architectural frameworks suitable to meet organizational needs.
- Proven experience leading technical project staff on and off-shore.
- Ability to manage enterprise-wide projects across multiple organizations.
- Lead – train and mentor software developers, architects, and analysts.
- Handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong working knowledge and competence with cloud architectures across various types (private, public, hybrid and community), layers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers such as AWS, Azure, VMWare.
- In-depth understanding of cloud layers and appropriate applications.
- Strong knowledge, command and competence with regard to understanding of security, business continuity and network architectures on the cloud.
- Demonstrated experience in a cloud based DevOps environment.
- Experience with CI/CD Deployment or like continuous methodologies using Jenkins, or similar applications.
- Exposure to version control tools such as GIT or Stash.
- Build tools experience such as Apache ANT, Maven, Bamboo or cruise control.
- Software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet.
Bachelor’s degree in Business/Computer Science/Engineering (or related discipline preferred)
If you or someone you know is a good fit for this opportunity, please contact Talon today!