Linux Systems Administrator
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Status: Full Time – Direct Hire
Remote: Hybrid preferred – full remote considered
A top client of ours is currently seeking a Linux System Administrator to join their growing and close-knit team. This is an exciting opportunity to not only learn and grow your career, but to be part of an innovative and collaborative work environment/team. In this role, you will focus on hardware and software solutions within the production environment.
- Maintenance and support of Linux production, QA, development, and infrastructure environments.
- Implement, configure, harden, and manage systems across business unit platforms utilizing automation tools.
- Oversee platform security, user provisioning, filesystem permissions, and privilege escalation for authorized personnel in all environments.
- Manage disaster recovery platforms and minimize failed system recovery time and replacement in datacenters as necessary.
- Work with Security group to identify and remediate short and long-term security concerns, including (but not limited to) scheduled and emergency system patching and perform system-level audits and investigations.
- Offer strong contributions to tactical and strategic system design and architecture for both business and internal project initiatives.
- Collaborate with software developers to review technology requirements to ensure the compatibility of system components as well as contribute to development and deployment efforts to provide modular, scalable, and sustainable solutions that meet/exceed requirements, business objectives and goals.
- Build and maintain system engineering and architectural documentation
- Proficient in documentation, turnover, and education regarding build platform architecture on an ever-evolving basis.
- Work directly with vendor engineering support channels to identify, diagnose, and remediate operational issues (both software and hardware in nature).
- Make recommendations and implement appropriate automation solutions to streamline processes while reducing opportunity for human error and improving delivery times.
- Build and utilize models and simulations, using manual or automated tools/test harnesses to analyze, characterize and predict system performance under different operating conditions and loads.
- Develop and deploy automation, monitoring and software solutions to be utilized by the team. Remain conceptually aware of emerging technologies and present meaningful updates to the team regarding them.
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of all Linux system platforms, incident investigation and troubleshooting, new system testing and deployment/decommissioning, hardware and software performance evaluation and documentation.
- Creates and/or updates incident records for determining RCA in the production Linux systems environments and initiates and drives vendor resolution as applicable.
Level 2/3 Production Support:
- Provides Level 2 or Level 3 support to Systems Operations regarding network connectivity issues or server/network related hardware issues.
- Capable of independent work effort and delivery while actively collaborating with internal and external technical resources
- 5-7 years professional experience in Linux systems administration in a production environment.
- Shell scripting and process automation experience.
- Familiarity with available open-source solutions for platform management, automation, and deployment.
- Production-focused mindset with the ability to effectively manage time and prioritize based on knowledge of business criticality.
- Clearly articulated and verifiable work history in challenging, growth-oriented environments.
- Ability to remain flexible with after hours and weekend work/troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior work experience in financial or real-time computing sectors.
- Python scripting knowledge and hands-on experience.
- Container based platform knowledge in Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Familiarity with day-to-day administration and platform management of enterprise backup solutions.
You will be part of great team where there is additional growth opportunity. Company culture is solid with some great perks/benefits. If you or someone you know is a good fit for this opportunity – please contact Talon today!