Mid-Level UX Designer (Product/Content Display)
Job Title: Mid Level UX Designer Product Content Display
Status: Contract to Hire 6 Months
Remote: Hybrid Onsite
We are looking to assist a client with multiple UX Designer positions on the team. This particular role is a mid level position and we are seeking someone very experienced in design systems and managing complex and dynamic content. In addition, being able to mentor more Jr. designers will also be part of this role. We are looking for a passionate designer someone who is a self starter with the ability to work within a team setting environment.
In this role, you will be doing some project work as well as sharing your expertise with the team and demonstrating UX leadership abilities.
You should be experienced working with a team and directly with the business. You should be big on process and an advocate for design from concept to launch. This person should be able to work on and meet project timelines as well as be able to negotiate technology limitations, always striving to meet business goals and optimization.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about UX and digital design and you should have a focus towards solving problems and coming up with solutions to achieve customer satisfaction.
Qualified candidates must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems. You’ll combine an innovative spirit, strategic vision and creative insight to deliver compelling digital experiences.
- Develop product concepts, roadmaps, test plans and functional specifications documentation
- Create artifacts such as user stories, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to effectively convey product workflow architecture and user experiences to stakeholders
- Conduct project intakes to gather necessary requirements to create an accurate scope and project plan for multiple tracks of work
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of foundational web technologies, responsive design and agile methodology
- Coordinate and lead Agile teams
- Ensure the team is capable of meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Support the strategy team during research and discovery but also lead ideation phases to translate concepts into specific product features and design ideas.
- Perform usability testing across all digital channels to validate final designs
- Work with partners to ensure projects have clear goals and success metrics
- Build and manage relationships with product owners, business partners
- Strong ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- As needed, provide direction to UX designers
- Recommend policies and team processes to Head of UX
- Actively identify, solve, implement and maintain team process improvements
- Support the Head of UX team to help maintain and shape the team structure
- Provide leadership, guidance, support and advice to other members of your team
- A minimum of 5 years experience working on an eCommerce website and application design, preferably with a focus in user experience design strategy
- Ability to work at as a Mid Level UX Designer, NOT a Jr. level position
- Range of concepting ability, from sketching to high fidelity prototypes
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- A desire and ability to collaborate with people who have differing skills and perspectives
- Experience in team leadership
- Strong problem solver and design thinker with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects complex initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, collaborative and well organized with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation
- Capable of becoming an integral part of the design process, and knowledgeable of how to push work forward from strategy through launch.
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
If you or someone you know is a fit for this role we want to speak to you! Referral bonus available and benefits. Excellent company benefits, perks and growth opportunities available. Flexible schedule and extended holiday benefits.