Regional Finance Functional Analyst – Microsoft Dynamics AX
Title: Finance Functional Analyst
Location: Central NJ onsite 3x per week
Type: 1+ year contract with potential for FTE conversion
This individual will contribute to Microsoft Dynamics AX support (maintenance and evolutions) and support users, acting as key interlocutor for Finance topics.
Under the responsibility of the Manager, ERP and Middleware, you will lead, analyze and supervise the implementation of new functionalities required by the end user community. This includes the full project development life cycle of analyzing, developing, unit testing, implementing, documenting, and user training of enhancements and modifications to the software systems based on user request.
Provide service to the user community by supporting and assisting in problem resolutions to ensure error-free applications.
Support project team during implementation of new modules, processes, and future upgrade.
Support and Maintenance
- Support on functional issues encountered by Finance users
- Analyze production issues and manage corrective actions in coordination with development teams (local / central)
- Provide support to Finance users across US, Canada, Europe and South America markets.
Change Request management
- Lead changes within the Finance domain (Accounting, Controlling, Reporting, Internal control)
- Collect needs from local users and agree about the solution in accordance with central team
- Write detailed specifications and have them approved
- Follow-up of developments
- Define test approach and support Users Acceptance Tests
- Contribute in the implementation of new modules and processes following Markets requirements.
- Support the future global upgrade of the ERP solution on Finance modules
- Advise the status of projects and support desk issues and resolutions.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to analyze issues and requests and formalize a synthetic proposal on the software architecture and changes, their impact and workload
- Ability to follow-up development full lifecycle and assist user during testing phase in accordance to best practices
- Ability to work individually with little supervision and in a team with other department members, users or consultants
- Effective project management practices that insures timely cost effective and accurate reports and analytical tools for the region.
- MS Dynamics AX (2009, 2012 or D365)
- Atlas (Globe Software) knowledge is a plus
- Finance functional skills (Supply Chain)
- Ability to analyze and summarize
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive team player
- University degree in Finance, Computer Science or related field
- Fluent spoken & written English (+ good command of Spanish or French is an advantage)
- Minimum of 3 years experience on MS Dynamics AX