Job Title: Six Sigma Process Engineering Manager
Duration: 3 months
**Candidates must be able to work on our W2
· Lead, coordinate and partner with the business to conduct business assessments to outline solutions and direction on strategic, enterprise and baseline opportunities from a cost, efficiency, effectiveness/value, contractual, legal, compliance and customer centric standpoint
· Document existing processes, practices and measurement systems
· Gather and analyze existing business and process data
· Conduct process observations & audits
· Make organizational observations and compile analysis and identification of opportunities
· Present opportunities to stakeholders and management
· Lead, coordinate and partner with the business to analyze & design new / improved business processes which will align with future strategies
· Conduct root cause analysis and problem solving
· Design future state business processes, systems and organizations, driving stakeholders to consider all possibilities and move beyond current thought processes
· Assess the quantifiable and qualitative benefits that the business can obtain by moving from the current state business design to the future state business design
· Facilitate forecasting the future state business performance with the business design and contrast it to the current state
· Provide input to and validate technical design process model or initial operational process model, monitoring and reporting components, task and service implementations, work management, process start and control, event handling, integration components, staff assignment, and versioning approach.
· Lead, coordinate and partner with the business to implement new improved business processes, organizations and systems, including:
o Measurements systems and dashboards;
o Management systems and tools
- Provide input to business procedures, work instructions and job aids, and Training materials
- Manage and coordinate business projects, including:
- Define the business case, guide chartering, apply proper project management techniques, collect customer feedback and convert to measurable targets and measures of success, obtain sponsor approval to initiate the project
- Develop and manage project plans through-out project lifecycle; includes prioritization, risk mitigation and monitoring progress.
- Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of defect reduction and quality goals that will lead to providing a competitive advantage
- Provide constant, ongoing communication to ensure barriers/obstacles to business process improvement are removed and necessary support is always provided.
- Monitor and control future state process performance
- Complete project summary, complete closing activities and effectively conclude the work.
- Responsible to show results – includes cost-savings, quality and service impacts for process improvements
- Lead, coordinate and deliver actions that help the organization to build its quality and process improvement competencies, including:
- Mentor & train business partners and staff
- Develop documentation, training and support materials to further Discipline
- Participate in evaluation and certification of individuals and business areas
- Build rapport and a positive working relationship with business sponsors, stakeholders, project members, SMEs and co-workers.
- Able to lead projects in unfamiliar areas or different project types requiring different types of approaches and tools
- Improve personal skills and competencies by demonstrating initiative to participate in ongoing coaching and training programs.
- Strive for mastery of the process engineering discipline through continuous education, training, coaching to improve personal knowledge, skills and competency.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead or manage multiple projects simultaneously
Technical Skills & Demonstrated Knowledge:
- Advanced quality methods and tools, equivalent to a Six Sigma Black Belt and a Kaizen leader
- Management and quality system standards or maturity assessments
- Comprehensive, structured change management methodology and tools, such as ADKAR
- Wide range of group decision-making tools and facilitation techniques
- Design of effective process measurements and control mechanisms to leverage metrics and data for optimal business performance
- Best practice methods/tools for strategy deployment
- Application of current global best-practices related to Business Process Management/ Engineering and benchmarking of same
- Development of cross-organizational value streams, showing E2E workflow and associated process data
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools & Minitab.
- At least 4 years of experience in process design/development and translating changes into implementation plans (DFSS and DMAIC preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Experience in project and team management from idea generation and chartering thru implementation and post project evaluation
- Experience in change management evaluation, planning and execution. ADKAR experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Experience evaluating, developing and implementing business process measurement systems and dashboards
- Has proven results of building and creating new solutions through the use of creativity and innovation
- Experience, ability, and willingness to share knowledge and coach individual contributors w/ varying levels of experience.
- Detail oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, embracing change and helping others see it as an opportunity and stay focused on goals while adapting to change
- Comfortable with raising questions, issues, ideas or suggestions to co-workers at all levels across all organizations.
- Act with a sense of urgency to research questions or issues brought by the team. Identify the right parties or resources to resolve these issues (organizational agility). Follow up with these parties to drive resolution and provide on-going feedback to individual(s) who raised the question or issue.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written and training, along with excellent presentation skills (virtual and in person)
- Ability to work in a virtual and matrix environment.
- Works well with larger groups from a wider range of organizations, as well as reporting out to senior executives.
- Work both independently and in conjunction with co-workers of all levels.
- Travel may be required (25% – 50%) in the future Skills and Experience:
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Plum Benefits.
To be considered for this position you should have excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, and be the type of individual who can work independently and take initiative. If you feel you are a fit for this role, please reach out to us to discuss it in detail.