Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Location: Hybrid- NYC on-site 3x per week
Type: Full time direct hire
Must have a breadth of cloud experience and understands infrastructure as code.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
- Responsible for project tasks throughout the life cycle of application implementation following best practices and architectural guidelines
- Provide support to back office applications such as trading platforms, fund accounting systems, financial accounting systems
- Work with Infrastructure team to design migration path for IaaS.
- Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the firm’s IaaS.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required
- Provide trouble shooting and assisting help desk support group in resolving escalated issues.
- Monitor and provide statistical reports on the health and operational status of all infrastructure systems; monitor system capacity utilization
- Diagnose and perform remedial actions within area of Subject Matter Expertise
- Aid in capacity planning and performance monitoring to ensure that Infrastructure systems are meeting the needs of the business
- Assist with various day to day management of server environment.
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of experience working within an IT infrastructure group, preferably with Financial experience in a trading environment
- Experience designing and building out Azure globally using ARM, for Financial firms a plus.
- Working knowledge of cloud connectivity for offices worldwide.
- Knowledge of Azure Devops.
- Extensive experience planning, designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows Servers, including Microsoft applications, such as SQL, Exchange, SCCM, SharePoint, and Active Directory.
- Advanced Active Directory experience is required such as group rights, file rights management, GPOs
- Advance knowledge of Office 365, Azure-AD and related Microsoft services.
- Experience managing and maintaining MS security services such as ATP and Intune.
- Day to Day management of monitoring platform and tailoring advance alerting & reports.
- Strong systems administration/engineering skills in a large heterogeneous environment
- Advanced Power shell scripting skills.
- Experience monitoring overall health of systems
- Root Cause analysis experience is required
- Familiar with building and maintaining task scheduling platforms.
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings and be on call as required; the responsibilities are for a 7×24 IT operation.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks with accuracy and to meet demanding deadlines, possessing strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working closely with Application Vendors to deploy, implement and manage systems.
- Must maintain a sincere, polite and respectful customer service attitude when working with the business
- Possess the ability to work with the application development team to provide solutions to users
- Ability to support multiple globally dispersed locations
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
Beneficial Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix and Netscalers, Azure cloud VPX a plus.
- Python and other scripting skill sets.
- Working knowledge of container management.
- Working knowledge of monitoring & Syslog platforms, such as Logicmonitor, Solarwinds, and Sumologic.