UX Product Manager
Job Title: Product/Project Manager UX
Status: Contract to Hire/FTE
Work Location: Onsite 5 days per week
Currently have a few opportunities with a top client of ours in NYC. We are looking for Product Managers to work closely with an existing UX Design team. In this role, you must be able to work in a collaborative team oriented environment, interfacing at all levels and working with stakeholders. Ideally, we’d like to see experienced Product Managers with exposure to UX teams, highly preferred would be previous exposure to ecommerce. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Understand and communicate the pain points of customers and translate insights into a product roadmap.
- Own and maintain a product roadmap; specifying business and technical needs by facilitating interaction with business stakeholders and developers.
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering teams to ensure product goals are clearly laid out and scheduled for timely delivery of functionality
- Introduce studies, user research, market analysis, and feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy all needs.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation.
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
- Collaborate with UX designers to create user stories, flows, and detailed product requirements to articulate product features and functionality.
- Maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering and business leaders.
- Monitor impact by measuring user engagement and conversion.
- Be a product converter to build awareness and understanding of your product and its features across the company.
- Coordinate with other product managers and designers to ensure the unity of the overall user experience.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Define and manage strategic initiatives that improve design team efficiency, passion and team excellence
- Run meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives and establish clear next steps
- Coordinate and organize overall design activities and keep all designers on the track
- Support the management team with effective communication, proactive problem solving.
- Apply standard project management techniques to tasks and activities to meet requirements.
- Manage Scope, stakeholder expectations and UX team workflows to ensure flawless execution and on-time delivery.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Exposure and experience working with multiple stakeholders for a mid-sized company.
- Strong use of analytics, research, and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Experience running studies, and build and rebuild flows until user feedback show that they were just right.
- Strong UX/UI background – Ability to define and set a product vision/direction in terms of the user experience and overall usability
- Entrepreneurial work style, “self-starter.”
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills; creative and persistent problem solver.
- Skilled at developing and keeping up with detailed product requirements in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work independently and motivate and lead teams to move beyond existing practices.
- You don’t build the product, you need to lead the team to achieve a common vision.
- Experience as a designer, engineer, or analyst is a plus.